Think Earth® Curriculum
The Think Earth Environmental Education Curriculum is online!
Check out the first four units—Kindergarten, Grade 1, Grade 2, and Grade 3—by clicking on a cover to the right. Whether you are a classroom teacher, an administrator, or a homeschooler, you can register to gain free access to all of the Think Earth materials.
The complete Think Earth Curriculum—nine units from preschool to middle-school—has been used since the 1990s to teach students about the importance of a clean, healthy environment and about what they can do to:
- conserve natural resources
- reduce waste
- minimize pollution
The comprehensive, award—winning curriculum has been printed for many years and distributed to more than 60,000 teachers nationwide.
Currently, all the units are undergoing an extensive update and revision, being aligned with current standards, and being published online so that they are FREE to teachers everywhere.
Teachers Love Think Earth
Teachers have been teaching Think Earth for years, and they love it because:
1. It works!
Classes average under 60% correct (about guessing level) on unit pretests and nearly 90% on posttests.
- "I thought the kids already knew it, but from the pretest scores, I can see I was wrong."
- "Parents have told me that their children came home and told them how to imporve their environment!"
- "The students are changed for a lifetime."
2. It's complete but quick and easy to teach!
Each unit requires only a week of daily lessons.
- "This is the best program I've seen in years. It's exciting, hands-on, age appropriate, and teacher friendly. Thank you for developing this!"
- "I have several other resources but use this one all the time. Well organized and interesting."
- "I appreciate the ease of use; all the materials are so well-written and thought-out."
3. Students love it!
100% of the teachers rated students' attitudes toward Think Earth as "Very Positive" or "Positive."
- "The kids loved it. You are making a difference!"
- "My students are so excited about doing their part, both at school and home. It's so important to teach them about these things at an early age."
- "The students loved the 'Rascals.' They now faithfully practice the 3Rs."
- "The students especially enjoyed the activities that showed them how to 'Think Earth' each day."
Think Earth is Unique
Unlike many environmental programs, Think Earth is behavior-based, teaching students not only why taking care of the environment is important but also what they can do, personally, every day to "Think Earth."
Other unique characteristics include:
- comprehensive content, covering water, air, and land
- field-tested and revised instruction and materials
- quick and easy to teach
- student assessments
- standards-based lessons
Think Earth Wins Awards
Think Earth has been awarded numerous honors, including the President's Environment and Conservation Challenge Award, given by the White House. Click here to see a full list of awards.
Think Earth Online Curriculum Project
|Evergreen Level: $20,000 or more|
Sanitation Districts of Los Angeles County
South Coast Air Quality Management District
Water Replenishment District of Southern California
|Tree Level: $15,000 to $20,000|
|Sapling Level: $10,000 to $15,000|
Conrad N. Hilton Foundation
Southern California Gas Company
Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A.
|Metropolitan Water District of Southern California|
|Seedling Level: Under $10,000|
Brown and Caldwell
Mojave Desert Air Quality Management District